by Donald S. McAlvaney, Editor,
McAlvaney Intelligence Advisor (MIA),
D. OTHER ACTIONS TO TAKE
Dr. William Campbell Douglass, writing in his January ’94 issue of “Second Opinion”, suggested several possible additional actions for people suffering from GWI.
1. Chelation Therapy – Normally used on people with cardiovascular disease, or as a preventive against same, chelation is also used to remove heavy metals from one’s body. Dr. Douglass believes heavy metals could be involved as part of the chemical agents which help to cause GWI. The book “By-Passing By-Pass”. by Elmer Cranton, M.D. deals with chelation therapy and discusses the removal of heavy metals via this therapy.
2. Photoluminescence – U.V. Light Treatment of the Blood – should kill most infectious agents in the blood. Dr. Douglass (who has helped pioneer this treatment) believes that ultra-violet light treatment of the blood holds great promise for the treatment of AIDS and other viruses and perhaps GWI as well. He is working to establish treatment centers for same.
[ED. NOTE: Dr. Garth Nicolson is somewhat skeptical that this modality will kill microorganisms such as Mycoplasma fermentans (incognitus) inside blood cells].
3. Dietary/Nutritional Therapy – will be very important for GWI victims. The patient should get plenty of fresh (not overcooked) food – raw or steamed vegetables are best, and vegetable juices. Sugars, cigarettes, coffee, caffeine, and alcohol should be avoided entirely. Drink a lot of high quality spring or distilled water. See a qualified nutritionist and get loaded up on the proper nutrients and supplements. (A government physician/researcher, knowledgeable on biological weapons, highly recommends the use of vitamin B1 [100-500 mg/day], B6 [100-500 mg/day] and Vitamin C [2000-4000 mg/day]).
4. Avoid Abnormal Radiation – i.e., close exposure to microwaves (or microwave cooked foods), close exposure to television and light fixtures that are not full spectrum. Get plenty of sunshine, without sunglasses.
E. BIOMAGNETIC THERAPY
A doctor friend in England treats patients with various viruses with great success using bio-magnetic technology which bombards the body with free- electrons. His treatment has cured hundreds of people with life-threatening viruses ranging from Epstein Barr, chronic fatigue syndrome, to AIDS, to the human form of Mad Cow Disease. He believes his protocol would be useful in the treatment of Mycoplasma fermentans (incognitus) and hopes to begin research on same in the near future.
F. PROTECTION FROM GULF WAR ILLNESS –
STRENGTHENING THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
What should a healthy person do to help avoid infection from Mycoplasma fermentans (incognitus) or other biologicals which they may be exposed to? Obviously, the immune system needs to be greatly boosted.
One medical doctor this writer knows follows the following daily immune boosting regime for his family and patients:
- 4 grams of Vitamin C per day (with bioflavanoids)
- Vitamins B1, B6 – 100mg each day
- Lycopenes – 100 mg. each day (Lycopenes are carotinoids found in tomatoes.
This doctor believes they are more potent anti-oxidants than beta carotene).
- CO Q10 Enzyme – 90mg. each day
- L-Carnitine – 500 mg. each day (an electron transport enzyme)
- DHEA – 50 mg. each day (He believes that DHEA is a big enhancer of the immune system)
- Trace Minerals – Use a product which contains all 60 trace minerals.
[ED. NOTE: Dr. Garth Nicolson points out that selenium is very important].
Another friend, a master herbalist, has his family adhere to the following regime in an effort to boost their immune systems:
- Super Blue Green Algae – (made by Cell Tech, it comes from Klamath Lake
in Oregon). He starts taking three tablets twice per day (morning and noon) and
works up to six tablets twice per day. He chews the tablets.
- Catsclaw – A rain forest botanical which he believes helps boost the immune system
- Acidophilus or Bifidus – (bacteria for the colon). He uses “Flora Source Probiotic”.
- Enchinacea – He uses Dr. Richard Schulze’s Echinacea Plus and believes it is
the strongest on the market. He also uses Schulze’s SuperFood product which
contains an assortment of algaes, spiralena, chlorella, etc.
- Pau’d Arco tea
- Colostrum (bovine) – Bernard Jenson’s Whole Life Food Blend from Bricker
Labs., Valley Center, CA. Colostrum is the substance in a mother’s milk which
boosts the baby’s immune system.
- Colloidal Silver – An anti-viral, anti-bacterial agent (an antibiotic substitute).
He uses it when an infection (internal or external) arises. He says to use only a
small particle size colloidal silver (light golden color, not dark).
- Miscellaneous –
- Eat lots of raw foods (i.e. veggies and fruits);
- Drink lots of water – good water, not city tap water — a gallon per day (or more) if possible;
- Lung exercise — either daily aerobic exercise or deep breathing exercise;
- Heavy exposure to sunlight — he believes that a lot of diseases will diminish or disappear with high exposure to sunlight (as much total body exposure as possible;
- Good, hard, daily exercise;
- A good multiple vitamin;
- Find a qualified nutritionist and/or herbalist in your area and begin a regime of the proper herbs and nutrients.
G. A FEW MORE THINGS TO DO AND AVOID
A few suggestions from Joyce Riley and several doctors are:
- Wash Your Hands a Lot — (especially after shaking hands with a number of
people in public) or when you have been in an airport or other public place. Get a
good germicidal agent.
- Keep Your Hands Away from Your Face — Keep your fingers out of your
nose, mouth, ears, and eyes. This writer was surprised to hear the advice on
washing hands and keeping them away from your face from several experts
- Avoid Airplanes and Airports as Much as Possible – – Airplanes recirculate
the same air for weeks (or longer). They are incubators for airborne disease or
illness. A number of airline flight attendants have sued the airlines for
contracting tuberculosis from the stale, recirculated, infected air they are
forced to breathe.
The World Health Organization says that air travel is now one of the major
transmission belts for spreading disease globally. If you must travel by air
with any frequency, take extra steps to strengthen you immune system. Avoid
airline food and water. Bring your own bottle of water along.
[ED. NOTE: Dr. Garth Nicolson pointed out to this writer that flying worsens the disease, especially the mycoplasma infections, that grow better under low oxygen pressure].
- Clean Fruits and Vegetables with Water Treated with Ozone or Hydrogen
Peroxide if Possible — Try to avoid fruit from foreign countries. A lot of
dried apricots, for example, comes from Turkey and the Middle East.
- If You Exercise at a Health Club, Use Gloves When Using the Equipment —
GWI may be spread via perspiration. Avoid steam baths, saunas, hot tubs and
tanning beds. Always lay on a towel when exercising at a health club.
[ED. NOTE: Dr. Nicolson points out that dry saunas are very good for GWI, and especially Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome (MCS).]
- Avoid All Army Surplus from the Desert Storm War — Much of it carries infectious spores. Avoid souvenirs or memorabilia from Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Avoid bottled sand from the Gulf. Many troops brought sand home as a souvenir from the war. Much of that sand is infected with biological spores. Avoid all clothing worn in the war zone. A number of military personnel who never went to Desert Storm were infected by equipment that was returned from the war zone to America — much as Karnal bunt wheat fungus is known to be spread via farm equipment.
[ED. NOTE: This report has intentionally omitted recommending specific doctors and clinics which might be able to help treat Gulf War Illness — because most doctors who have treated GWI on a high profile basis have come under tremendous pressure from the government, FDA, and medical establishment not to treat the disease, not to talk about it, and not to help the vets. This is incredible and unbelievable, but true! Most of these doctors do not want their names mentioned in print.
One exception is Dr. Larry Goss (M.D.), 305 E. Missouri St., Walters, OK 73572 (405) 875-3324. There are also a few who are willing to treat Gulf War vets on a low-profile basis and more are likely to emerge. These doctors will be known to a certain extent by Joyce Riley and the American Gulf War Veterans Association, 3506 Highway 6 South #117, Sugarland, TX 77478-4401 (713) 587-5437 and by Drs. Garth and Nancy Nicolson].
This entire report is available for $5 from McAlvany Intelligence Advisor, P. O. Box 84904, Phoenix, AZ 85071 Phone 1-800-528-0559. The Copyright has been lifted from this report so that it can be distributed widely – especially to Gulf War Veterans, physicians and health care providers.