by Donald S. McAlvaney, Editor,
McAlvaney Intelligence Advisor (MIA), August 1996
Why The Cover-Up – What Is The Department Of Defense Trying To Hide?
There are a number of possible reasons for the incredible cover-up which the Dept. of Defense has perpetrated regarding GWI, germ warfare in the Gulf War, U.S. biologicals sold to Saddam, etc. (All of these should be explored in depth by a high-level Congressional investigation):
1. Bureaucratic CYA (Cover Your —) Activity: Bureaucrats protecting their jobs because of mishandling of many aspects of the war: non-existent germ warfare protection for our troops, inadequate alarm systems for chemical or biological attacks, inadequate chemical protection suits, gas masks that leaked, etc. Unfortunately, many government and DOD bureaucrats have developed the habit of protecting their backsides almost to an “art form”.
2. Fear That Our Toops and the Public Will Learn that the U.S. Government (The Depts. of Commerce and Defense) Engineered the Sale of U.S.-Produced Germ Warfare Agents That Were Then Fired Back at U.S. Troops.
[ED. NOTE: A Marine Corps explosive ordinance disposal specialist discovered and photographed chemical munitions with U.S. markings and lot numbers in an Iraqi bunker].
3. Fear of a Collapse in Military Morale: When the troops realize that the U.S. government knew in advance that the biological warfare attacks were coming, and did nothing to warn or protect our troops from same. And when the troops realize that fighting for American can now entail exposing their wives and children to disease or death.
4. There is Concern That We, the United States, the Principal Signatory to the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), Had Chemical Weapons in the Gulf and Used Them: In his January 28, 1991, interview with Saddam Hussein, CNN’s Peter Arnett asked specifically about chemical weapons. (Note that may attacks and confirmed detections made by Czech, French, British, and U.S. forces occurred before this interview. The air war started on January 16, 1991). U.S. Army graves’ registration specialists, all but one of whom are now dead (15 out of 16), have confided they were exposed to contaminated Iraqi remains in mass burials. The Iraqi government, In July 1995, while admitting the long-denied existence of their biological weapons program, claimed U.S. use of chemical agents during the Gulf War. Official acknowledgment of U.S. use of chemical weapons would completely derail the Chemical Weapons Convention and destroy our national honor and credibility.
5. The Department of Defense Illegally Forced U.S. Troops to Take Unapproved, Experimental and Investigational Botulism Toxoid Vaccine During Desert Shield/ Desert Storm: That is a criminal violation of the Nuremberg Code. Did not any of the hippocratically sword military physicians administering the unapproved vaccine find it unethical or immoral? Following orders is no excuse for unethical behavior, even in combat, as the Nazi doctors and officers learned at the Nuremberg trials – – shortly before they were hung! With growing evidence that thousands of troops (in and out of the theater of operation) got severely ill from the forced inoculations and pills, an enormous backlash against the military by troops, veterans, and the public will erupt if it is found out the Dept. of Defense inadvertently (or intentionally) poisoned a large percentage of American active duty military forces.
6. Perhaps the Most Important Reason For the Cover-Up is That Big and Powerful People are Being Protected by the Dept. of Defense and the Veterans Administration – – people who greatly profited personally from the arms and biologicals trade with Saddam, people in the upper echelons of the Republican and, to a lesser extent, Democrat Parties – – people like ex-President George Bush, ex-Secretary of State James Baker III, and Baker’s former Under Secretary of Defense and now Clinton’s Director of the CIA, John Deutch.
There is a growing evidence that all three of these individuals had a financial stake in the companies producing and selling the biologicals to Saddam. This should be the subject of an intensive Congressional investigation, and if found true, all three should be indicted for illegal activities including violation of the Trading With the Enemy Act.
Admission of chemical/biological warfare now as well as the U.S. biologicals sales to Saddam would also be very embarrassing for General Colin Powell who is being groomed for the presidency perhaps in 2000. General Schwartzkopf and other top generals who obviously knew of the chemical/biological warfare in Desert Storm and who have thus been parties to the cover-up would also be embarrassed and disgraced.
[ED. NOTE: Lies always begat more lies. Cover-ups beget more and bigger cover-ups. If the Dept. of Defense and VA admit that Gulf War Illness exists, the entire cover-up on the biological sales to Saddam, our inadequate preparations, perhaps our use of biologicals against Saddam, and their whole edifice of lies over the past five years begins to unravel and the superstructure of lies and deception surrounding the whole affair would come down in one giant avalanche — like the collapse of the Tower of Babel. We could be looking at the greatest scandal in American history – – dwarfing Whitewater, Watergate, Teapot Dome and all others put together. And there you have the motive for the ongoing cover-ups of GWI, and the stonewalling of sick and dying Gulf War vets].
This entire report is available for $5 from McAlvany Intelligence Advisor, P. O. Box 84904, Phoenix, AZ 85071 Phone 1-800-528-0559. The Copyright has been lifted from this report so that it can be distributed widely – especially to Gulf War Veterans, physicians and health care providers.